Dropshipping is the most cost effective method to launch your own online store. When you create a dropshipping store, you are selling products from your website without actually maintaining the inventory. When you are dropshipping, you partner with a supplier and when someone makes a purchase from your store, you send the shipping details and the cost price to the supplier. The supplier then dispatches the product to the buyer. The difference between your selling price and buying price is your profit.
You can create a dropshipping website in various ways:
Shopify is one of the popular content management systems for a dropshipping store. When you use shopify platform for your dropshipping store, you will have to not only pay subscription fee to shopify ($29 per month), but also have to buy a handful of premium plugins (Oberlo, for instance).
WordPress is a cheaper alternative to create a dropshipping store. When you are creating dropshipping store with wordpress, you will have to use woocommerce. Just like wordpress, woocommerce plugin for wordpress is also free. If you are manually adding products, you do not have to spend any money to create a dropshipping store with wordpress and woocommerce, however, if you want to automate the process, you might have to use premium plugins.
Dropshipping With WordPress
You can use WordPress not just for blogs and company website, but also ecommerce websites. In fact you can use wordpress for all kinds of websites. If you want to create ecommerce website, where you sell physical and digital items, on wordpress platform, you will have to use woocommerce plugin. Well, there are many other ecommerce plugins available, however, woocommerce is so popular that just about 39 percent of ecommerce sites are using woocommerce. When you start using woocommerce with wordpress, your ordinary website will change into an online store.
Once you install and activate woocommerce plugin, you will have to create your store by adding details such as your store location, types of items you are selling, shipping methods etc. Once your store is ready, you will have to add products. You can add products manually as will as automatically. If you are selling direct (you have the inventory), you have to manually add products. However, if you are dropshipping (you do not have your own inventory), you will have to use dropshipping plugins. Well, you can also manually add products if you are dropshipping, however, this takes time. Therefore, the better way to add products to your dropshipping store is use a plugin that automates the process. These dropshipping plugins automatically import products on your site from the supplier store.
You can find a lot of free as well as premium dropshipping plugins on wordpresss. While you can use unlimited products on unlimited stores if you are using premium plugins, the free plugins have limitations. Some of the popular plugins for dropshipping store are Alidropship, WooDropship, Ali2Woo, Ezusy etc.
While creating a dropshipping store, you will have to import products to your store from a dropship supplier’s store. There are a lot of dropship suppliers, however, Aliexpress is the most popular dropship supplier.
How to create a Dropshipping Store for Free with WordPress, Woocommerce and Ezusy
Here is the step-by-step process to create a dropshipping store on a WordPress website. The process mentioned here uses Woocommerce plugin, Ezusy chrome extension, and Aliexpress store. Since you are using chrome extension, you will have to work on Chrome browser. When you start using Ezusy, you can automatically import product from Aliexpress.
1. Start with Woocommerce installation. Create your store by adding details such as location, shipping, payment options etc.
2. Visit Ezusy.com and create your account. You have four different options: free (cost $0), basic ($9.90/month), pro (19.90/month) and unlimited ($29.90/month). You can choose your plan according to your necessity, however, we are trying to build a dropship store for free, we go with free plan. When you choose this plan, you can use Ezusy only on three stores and you can only import 150 products.
3. Once your Ezusy account is complete, connect your Ezusy account with your store.
4. Install Ezusy Chrome extension. This browser extension will allow you to import product on your store from Aliexpress store. Since we are dropshipping with Aliexpress, this browser extension will imports products from Aliexpress store to your store.
4. Visit Aliexpress.com. Since you have installed Ezusy chrome extension, when you visit Aliexpress, you will see Ezusy logo on every products. When you click on the Ezusy logo, the product will be automatically imported on your Ezusy dashboard. When you have imported required number of products to your Ezusy dashboard, you can go to your Ezusy dashboard and then push each product to your store. Before pushing the product, you also have an option to edit the product image, title, description, and pricing.
If you are still confused about creating your own dropshipping business, or online business so to speak, you can contact the author. He will set up a dropship website for a small fee.